News Update: Meridian Surveying has acquired PLS Surveys, Inc as well as their Hydrographic Equipment & Hydrographic Survey projects.
Full Service Hydrographic Surveying Firm Providing High Quality Surveys throughout California from L.A. to the Oregon border, from the Pacific to the High Sierra
Meridian Surveying Engineering Inc. is a full service hydrographic surveying firm providing high quality surveys under the direct guidance of a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor. We provide the highest quality data that includes both hydrographic data and integrated land data solutions which can include boundary location where applicable. We possess the tools to incorporate High Definition 3D scanning images of the shoreline to the Hydrographic Data with our FARO (Trimble TX5) scanner. We can also provide Independent certification of dredge volumes as required by government agencies to Army Corps Standards.
Our vast experience providing a variety of surveying services means we can provide you with versatile and specific solutions to match your needs. A few of our hydrographic survey services include:
- Hydrographic Surveys
- Terrestrial LiDAR of Shorelines
- River and Ship Channel Surveys
- Emergency and Disaster Surveys
- Marinas and Harbors
- Environmental Surveys
- Condition, Pre-Dredge, and Post-Dredge Surveys
- Lake and Reservoir Surveys
- Volume calculations
- Erosion sites
Why is Meridian Surveying the best choice for Hydrographic Surveys?
- Certification by a Professional Land Surveyor
- Independent certification of dredge quantities
- Integrated Solutions to all survey related project issues
- Fully insured surveying services
As with all of MSE’s services, when choosing Meridian you are selecting a firm that is responsive and experienced. We have the ability to mobilize our crews on an emergency basis. Turnaround time is extremely important, and our delivery history is one of the best in the industry. We continue to be responsive to your needs during peak seasons of business.
"In particular, I have appreciated the technical accuracy of your work in addition to your incredible responsiveness and flexibility (hours worked, weekends, etc) that the project required. Your costs are also reasonable. — Thanks!!"
URS Sacramento Emergency Delta Levee Work
Corinne De Voe Marks, P.E. — Senior Civil Engineer — URS Corporation
Our equipment includes:
- Odom CVM Echosounder
- FARO High Definition Scanners (FARO ION, Trimble TX5)
- Hydrolite (Seafloor Systems)
- Trimble R8/R10 RTK GNSS, Base & Rover
- Hypack 2013 (Hydrographic Survey Software) for data collection and post processing
- Trimble TSC3 data collector with Trimble Survey Controller software
- Trimble VX and Trimble S6 Total Stations
- Multi-Beam systems
- Volume calculations
- Side Scan system
- Hypack Sweep
- 27 foot diesel aluminum John Boat
- 19 foot Boston Whaler Nantucket ETEC 150
- 17 foot Boston Whaler Montauk ETEC 90
- 12 foot launch for shallow water & envirosurveys 4HP ultra low emissions
Our surveys meet the standards of care established by the Army Corps of Engineers. We maintain the highest accuracy and regularly conduct quality assurance checks and tests, giving our clients accurate, reliable results.
Data reduction and analysis
After the field data is collected, our internal staff will examine the data for quality and prepare a deliverable. Deliverables can be provided in hardcopy or can be in a variety of GIS or CAD formats.
We can provide reports documenting the procedures used to collect and reduce data. We are flexible and ready to work with you to provide your data in the format required for your needs.
Please Contact Us for a Free Initial Consultation about your Hydrographic Surveying Needs.